The Common Worlds Of Children And Animals: Relational Ethics For Entangled Lives
This book offers detailed accounts of everyday encounters between children and animals, exploring the myriad ways in which their lives are entangled, co-shaped and co-implicated in their common worlds. This groundbreaking book uniquely frames child-animal relations within the context of global ecological challenges, engaging with more-than-human theory to consider the interconnected cultural, environmental and ethical issues we face and bequeath to future generations. The book traces child-animal geo-historical trajectories and convergences in different places, considers child-animal entanglements through an examination of global and nation specific cultural texts, and reflects upon the ethical implications of child-animal entangled pasts, presents and futures. This book also showcases new and innovative research methods, including multispecies ethnographies and applied more-than-human relational geographies and philosophies.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9781138947597
- ISBN: 1138947598
- Publication Year: 2018