The Complete Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Saints: An Authoritative Guide To The Lives And Works Of Over 500 Saints, With Expert Commentary And Over 500 Beautiful Paintings, Statues And Icons
The broad-ranging introduction of this book unravels the myths that surround sainthood, explaining why pious heroism is described through legend and how relics signify the reality of the saints. Then, the second half of the book is an illustrated encyclopedia of over 500 saints, in chronological order from the Apostles to saints of the 20th century, encompassing saints from all over the world. The life and work of each saint is described. Far more than a dictionary of saints, this book explores the conditions of sainthood and tells the lives of the saints. It offers a comprehensive, modern approach to this fascinating subject.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Preston Village
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Southwater Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781846813436
- ISBN: 1846813433
- Publication Year: 2018