The Contemporary Islamic Governed State: A Reconceptualization
This book offers a normative reconceptualization of a modern Islamic governed state. First, Joseph Kaminski surveys the historical context of the trajectory of Islamic thought, and offers a unique discursive framework for reconceptualizing an Islamic governed state that rejects secular Enlightenment liberalism and instead is heavily grounded in Ancient Greek ideals of politics and political leadership. Despite heavily borrowing from Greek thought, the model offered remains firmly rooted in a Shari'ah-based, discursive ontological framework. The volume explores topics of bureaucracy, law, democracy, women in politics, and economic justice. Further, this volume presents case studies from Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, and Malaysia, and utilizes the presented theoretical framework as a lens for analysis.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- ISBN-13: 9783319570112
- ISBN: 3319570110
- Publication Year: 2017