The Cumberland Tales
As a child and adolescent, we all have memories that are imprinted in our minds. The tales within this book, germinated from a few scattered images, grew to include aspects of magic realism and reality. Thus it is a work of fiction. I remember the old Chinatown, the characters and the feel of the Cumberland that was, and, I suppose, like all adults, we have a nostalgia for the old days. It was my intention to give the town, as a whole, a voice, and for the reader to come out with a feel for the old days of Cumberland, which, I realize, is not that old because her history goes back much farther than these pages portray. There are many more stories, untold, but these few were, and are, felt by this writer.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781973838395
- ISBN: 1973838397
- Publication Year: 2017