The Education Assemblage
This collection works with the philosophy of Gilles Deleuze, and his collaborator Felix Guattari, in the context of education. Deleuze once remarked that we get the philosophy we deserve because of the questions that we ask. Deleuze saw that the work of philosophy was the creation of concepts - those working with his theory are admonished not to follow but to think. For Deleuze, education remained a philosophical problem because it is connected to problems of language, authority, meaning and what it means to learn and think. With that in mind, these contributions were chosen because they apply this ethic to education to think again about what constitutes a problem. In this book, Deleuze's conceptual contributions such as affect, assemblage, the logic of sense and control society and modulation are put to work to consider various educational problems in educational settings. What brings these contributions together, apart from working with Deleuze, is that they present education as a problem requiring new concepts. Readers are invited into an encounter with Deleuze's thought because of the situations in which we find ourselves. The chapters in this book were originally published as journal articles by Taylor and Francis journals.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: --
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9781138573161
- ISBN: 1138573167
- Publication Year: 2018