The End Of Therapy: Why Talk Therapy Is In Decline And What You Can Do About It
"The End of Therapy": Why Talk Therapy Is In Decline... And What You Can Do About It Talk therapy is suffering a period of continuous decline throughout the Western world. One of the causes is the recent emergence of cheaper, drug treatments. But therapy is also suffering from an image problem, which the industry needs to address urgently. The public is losing its faith that therapy is preferable to pharmaceuticals. This book aims to set out the steps for how we might restore that faith. Sharon Small starts by identifying six factors that are common to most talk therapy methods, and how those factors may contribute to the failure of the process for different types of personalities. Illustrated with case studies and stories from Sharon's decades of experience, the book goes on to explore how therapy might move forward free from those potential weaknesses and sets out a vision of a more effective discipline for the 21st century.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781508886815
- ISBN: 1508886814
- Publication Year: 2015