The Expedition: A Love Story, Solving The Mystery Of A Polar Tragedy
In 1897 three men disappeared in the North Pole only now have their final hours been revealed with this award-winning forensic investigation of a 120-year-old mysteryOn July 11th, 1897, three men set out in a hydrogen balloon bound for the North Pole. Led by engineer August Soloman Andr e, they want to make history, but are frighteningly underprepared. Three days into their journey they make a crash landing and disappear into a white nightmare. They never return. 33 years later, the men's bodies and equipment are found buried beneath the snow and ice on a deserted glacier. They had enough food, clothing, and ammunition to survive. Why did they die? 100 years later, Bea Uusma is at a party. She pulls a book off a shelf about the Andr e Expedition. For the next 15 years, Bea will think of nothing else. This is her journey to uncover the truth.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Head of Zeus
- ISBN-13: 9781781859636
- ISBN: 1781859639
- Publication Year: 2015
- Edition: Reprint