The First Zionist Congress In 1897: Causes, Significance, Topicality
Concise articles introduce the reader to the First Zionist Congress in 1897, the circumstances leading up to it and its consequences. Biographical sketches highlight known and lesser-known Jewish and Zionist personalities, providing insight into the everday life of Jewish communities. Reflecting the structure of the exhibition, this publication first examines the origins of Zionism as a response to changing patterns of life for European Jews in the 19th century. It then examines the First Zionist Congress in Basel, and its resolutions, the so-called "Baseler Programm". The ramifications of the Congress up to the foundation of the State of Israel are explored in detail and a variety of issues, such as the evolving fractions of the Zionist movement, the role of women, relationships with Arabic-Palestinian inhabitants and the influence of the Shoa, receive special attention.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: S Karger Ag
- ISBN-13: 9783805565448
- ISBN: 3805565445
- Publication Year: 1997