The Five Longings: What We've Always Wanted And Already Have
"Identifying the things you long for can reveal deep truths about yourself. The Five Longingscan show you how to work with these desires to live in a happier, more satisfying way. If you've ever had a vague sense that something's missing from your life,congratulations: That longing for something better is a sign of being fully human, fully alive. But what's even more wonderful, according to Dave Richo, is that when you identify and carefully examine the things you long for--like love, meaning, freedom,happiness, and growth--you not only discover deep truths about yourself, but you also find that the things you long for were never really "missing" at all. He provides enlightening advice and practices for accessing just this kind of profound self-discovery , illustrated by a wealth of examples from depth psychology, religion, and literature. Our longings in fact point to the presence of something transcendent in us, he shows. In seeking something better, we are seeking that which we already are"--
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Countryside
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Shambhala Pubns
- ISBN-13: 9781611803624
- ISBN: 1611803624
- Publication Year: 2017