The Fly Fisher's Guide: Illustrated By Coloured Plates Representing Upwards Of Forty Of The Most Useful Flies Accurately Copied From Nature
This wonderful antiquarian volume contains a concise yet detailed guide to fly fishing. Illustrated by plates representing more than forty of the most useful flies accurately copied from nature and full of handy tips and useful information, this text is a veritable must-have for the novice angler, and would make for a great addition to collections of angling literature. The chapters of this book include: 'Devotion of Eminent Men to that Recreation', 'Its Fascinations', 'Pursuit of it', 'Advantageous to Health', 'Pleasures of Collecting Materials and making Artificial Flies', 'Cheapness of Angling in Comparison with Other Sports', et cetera. We are republishing this volume now in an affordable modern edition complete with a new introduction on the history of fishing.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Home Farm Books
- ISBN-13: 9781444643589
- ISBN: 1444643584
- Publication Year: 2009