The Garden Of Delights
"The Garden of Delights" is a novel unconventionally structured by alternating first-person narration chapters. One voice is that of a young Belgian girl, revealing in chapters titled "Far," her family life and nascent interest in becoming a novelist. The other voice is that of an eighty-year-old novelist, depicting in chapters titled "Here" her serene and happy life with a much younger writer named Jim. She is also the kind stranger the young Belgian girl meets one day in Paris. These two seemingly contradictory women will eventually cut through space and time and become reunited in body and soul.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Peter Lang Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780820438191
- ISBN: 0820438197
- Publication Year: 1998