The Geography Of The Third World
The label of "Third World" covers half the land surface and three quarters of the population of the planet. The problems and potential of this region and its peoples are attracting increasing concern and interest.Fully revised and updated this edition includes: * a wealth of photographic and line illustrations* boxed case studies* chapter summaries* guides to further readingIssues of increasing concern at the end of the twentieth century are fully addressed - for example, the widening gap in economic performance between countries in the Third world and the assertion of national cultures in the face of globalisation. New material on gender issues and the environmental impact of development has been included.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9780415106733
- ISBN: 0415106737
- Publication Year: 1996
- Edition: 2