The Grapes Of Wrath
by John Steinbeck (1939)
Description: First Edition. First edition, first issue, with First Published in April 1939 on copyright page. Beige cloth boards. Top text edge originally stained yellow, darkened with age. Binding tight and sound. Slight tearing from tape removal on title page over The Viking Press. New York. May 25, 1939 newspaper article in the predicted success of the novel attached to blank page opposite half-title page. Jacket front flap has been clipped at both top and bottom edges, No First Edition present at bottome edge. $ is still present at top edge, but no dollar amount remains. Jacket is bright and clean with light rubbing along edges. Overall, a very nice bright copy of first edition with a likely first edition dust jacket.. Published by Viking Press 1939 Very Good Condition. In our Maplewood store.Dimensions: Dust jacket condition: Very Good End papers: Battle Hymn of the Republic reproduction Description: Hardback
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: --
- Date: 1939
- Listing Date: 02/01/2017
- Sold By: --
- Ships From: N/A
- Available Quantity: N/A