The History And Craft Of Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles: From Historical Source Instructions To Modern Tools & Techniques
The first resource to teach both modern and historical techniques for wooden jigsaw puzzle manufacture. Includes primary source instructions from the height of the wooden jigsaw puzzle craze (1910's through 1930's). Documents puzzle evolution from the Colonial era to the present, and describes modern materials, tools, and techniques. Chapters include scroll saw and materials selection, instructions for making nostalgic styled puzzle boxes, hard to find instructions for stack cutting, an extensive selection of gluing options, a starter library of figural shapes, a little known trade secret for repositionable cutting guides, and information on wooden jigsaw puzzle manufacture as a business. Concise, no fluff format assumes reader has a rudimentary grasp on scroll saw operation, and offers an array of simple assignments for hands-on skill development. This handy reference is suitable for use by reenactors, educators, students of all ages, and home based entrepreneurs.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781478247173
- ISBN: 1478247177
- Publication Year: 2012