The History Of Architecture In India: From The Dawn Of Civilization To The End Of The Raj
This is the first ever modern monograph to draw together all the strands of India's architectural history - from the Vedic and native traditions of early India, through Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic and secular architecture, to the eclecticism of the British Raj. The History of Architecture in India provides the essential background information on invasions and migrations, dynasties, religion, symbolism and myth in the development of characteristic forms. Hundreds of photographs, engravings, maps, plans and elevations are closely integrated with rigorous but accessible text, resulting in a tome essential for scholars and anyone interested in one of the world's richest architectural traditions.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Phaidon Inc Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9780714829609
- ISBN: 0714829609
- Publication Year: 1994
- Edition: Reprint