by Tolkien, J.R.R. (1946)
Description: First Edition. First Edition, 4th printing. This 1946 printing retains the original story line of "Riddles in the Dark," which portrays Gollum as decidedly more agreeable: "We must fetch it, preciouss, and give it the present we promised." Edgeworn with small pencil and pen markings on endpapers and occasional penciling on interior pages. The binding is solid and hinges are intact. Pages are bright. Lacks dust jacket. This is a very nice copy of this increasingly rare edition of what is likely the most seminal work in fantasy fiction. . Published by George Allen & Unwin Ltd 1946 Good Condition. In our North Lamar store.Dimensions: Item Format: Hardback
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardback
- Date: 1946
- Listing Date: 10/05/2018
- Sold By: --
- Ships From: N/A
- Available Quantity: N/A