The Kurzweil Henstock Integral For Undergraduates: A Promenade Along The Marvelous Theory Of Integration
This beginners' course provides students with a general and sufficiently easy to grasp theory of the Kurzweil-Henstock integral. The integral is indeed more general than Lebesgue's in RN, but its construction is rather simple, since it makes use of Riemann sums which, being geometrically viewable, are more easy to be understood. The theory is developed also for functions of several variables, and for differential forms, as well, finally leading to the celebrated Stokes-Cartan formula. In the appendices, differential calculus in RN is reviewed, with the theory of differentiable manifolds. Also, the Banach-Tarski paradox is presented here, with a complete proof, a rather peculiar argument for this type of monographs.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Birkhauser
- ISBN-13: 9783319953205
- ISBN: 3319953206
- Publication Year: 2018