The Larger View: Unitarians And World Religions
A survey of inter-faith relations from a Unitarian perspective: this book traces the development of Unitarian attitudes towards major world religions over the past 250 years, showing how Unitarian values and ideas have been influenced by close contact with Buddhist, Hindu, Islamic, and Judaic traditions, in addition to mainstream Christian thought. The author considers the Unitarian contribution to the academic study of world religions and to the fostering of inter-faith relations. He also assesses the impact of inter-faith activities on the form and content of Sunday worship and religious education in Unitarian congregations.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lightning Source Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780853190745
- ISBN: 0853190747
- Publication Year: 2007