The Lonely Voice: A Study Of The Short Story
Introduction by Russell Banks.The legendary book about writing by the legendary writer is back!Frank O Connor was one of the twentieth century's greatest short story writers, and one of Ireland's greatest authors ever. Now, O Connor's influential and sought-after book on the short story is back.The Lonely Voice offers a master class with the master. With his sharp wit and straightforward prose, O Connor not only discusses the techniques and challenges of a form in which "a whole lifetime must be crowded into a few minutes," but he also delves into a passionate consideration of his favorite writers and their greatest works, including Chekhov, Hemingway, Kipling, Joyce, and others.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Melville House Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781935554424
- ISBN: 1935554425
- Publication Year: 2011