The Medieval Church: Universities, Heresy, And The Religious Life : Essays In Honour Of Gordon Leff
The main subjects of enquiry in this volume focus upon the major areas in which the honorand, Gordon Leff, has himself made fundamental contributions. Among the topics discussed are learned and popular heresy (Cathars, Wyclif, Lollardy, and the concept of heresy itself); the history of medieval universities and thought (including the religious at Paris and Cambridge, Ockham, and Paris theologians' views on the Jews); and early modern views of the crusades. The book is completed with a bibliography of works by Gordon Leff.Dr PETER BILLER is Senior Lecturer at the University of York; Professor BARRIE DOBSONis at Christ's College, Cambridge.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Boydell & Brewer Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780952973331
- ISBN: 0952973332
- Publication Year: 1999