The Owner's Manual To The Voice: A Guide For Singers And Other Professional Voice Users
Singers must equip themselves with enough knowledge to clearly convey specific sensations and difficulties with their instrument. Understanding of potential dangers and disorders, familiarity with a variety of medical procedures, and comprehension in various facets of diagnosis and treatments empower singers to "own," just like other musicians, their instrument. The Owner's Manual to the Voice provides singers with the knowledge necessary to communicate effectively and in intelligent terms about their instrument, especially when conversing with medical professionals. Beginning with an overview of the vocal anatomy, lead author Rachael Gates, and co-authors L. Arick Forrest, M.D. and Kerri Obert, M.A., C.C.C/S.L.P, proceed through detailed discussions of caring for the voice and common causes of vocal changes and problems before guiding the reader through the process of choosing, talking to, and working with an ENT. In so doing, they give insights that any professional voice user - whether singer, actor, broadcaster, politician, teacher, preacher, or lawyer - will find helpful if not essential.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Oxford Univ Pr on Demand
- ISBN-13: 9780199964666
- ISBN: 0199964661
- Publication Year: 2013
- Edition: 1