The Patient Will See You Now: The Future Of Medicine Is In Your Hands
"In The Patient Will See You Now, Eric Topol, one of the nation's top physicians, examines what he calls medicine's Gutenberg moment--much as the printing press took learning out of the hands of a priestly class, the internet is doing the same for medicine, giving us unprecedented control over our healthcare. With smartphones in hand, we are no longer beholden to an impersonal and paternalistic medical system. Medicine has been digitized, Topol argues, now it's time for it to be democratized. Provocativeand engrossing, The Patient Will See You Now is about all that lies ahead in a world of digital, democratic medicine, including fair discussion of a range of potential downsides, from privacy violations to intransigence on the part of the medical powers that be. Indeed, though many in the medical establishment will resist Topol's vision, he argues convincingly that medicine has been authoritarian for far too long, and that not changing the course of medicine will incur steep costs for us all. It's time to put the tools of medicine, and the power that goes with them, into the hands of the people"--
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Omaha
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Basic Books
- ISBN-13: 9780465040025
- ISBN: 0465040020
- Publication Year: 2016
- Edition: Reprint