Poetry. In THE PHONEMES, Frances Richard investigates perceptually distinct units of experience'sounds, energy surges, scraps of national and natural history to create episodes of disruption and dissolution. Robert Fitterman: "There isn't anyone else [in the basement] doing quite what these meteors are doing." Lee Ann Brown: "Sophisticated and surprising employment of collage and juxtaposition of 'the found' makes for a rarified and well-wrought leap forward in radical cross-disciplinary and cross-genre collage." Ronaldo V. Wilson: "Each folded articulation of sense and perception, of history, volition, identity, and loss is rendered in this book's stunning stance, its gorgeous delivery, where language, symbol, sign, and picture meet to punctuate, forecast and project what's possible within and beyond the real of ---=*|=- -- - - =*|- - = -." THE PHONEMES is published as as part of the TrenchArt: Recon Series, with an Introduction by Ronaldo V. Wilson and visual art by Renee Petropoulos.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Les Figues Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781934254325
- ISBN: 1934254320
- Publication Year: 2012