"A masterpiece." — Independent. Originally published in 1923, this perennial bestseller is nothing less than a book about the human condition. Twenty-six fables, beautifully rendered in prose poetry, express timeless wisdom on the subjects of love, marriage, faith, birth, friendship, loss, sorrow, and the joys of daily life. Generations of readers have drawn meaning and hope from its inspired message of our shared humanity.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Chesterfield
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Ixia Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780486826707
- ISBN: 0486826708
- Publication Year: 2019