The Psychology Of Personnel Selection: A Quality Approach
The impact of personnel selection on people and organizations is crucial. So too are the means used to evaluate performance subsequently. Starting with an overview of the classic psychological variables among individuals, matched against different job-related competencies, this study goes on to discuss quality standards in selection, interview techniques and job analysis. Psychological research and theory on human judgement and attribution are used to give an overview of decision-making processes. The insights brought to bear from occupational psychology on current organizational practices in selection and assessment have implications for today's managers. The study is aimed at trainers and consultants in personnel and human resource managment, as well as managers and students of management.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cengage Learning College
- ISBN-13: 9780415103268
- ISBN: 0415103266
- Publication Year: 1995