The Psychology Of Personnel Selection: A Quality Approach
In many companies the procedures for selecting the right person for the job are little more than a lottery. Optimal personnel selection is concerned with accurately predicting employees' future behaviour in the job.Drawing on recent scientific research, this book offers a 'framework for action' to assist selectors in this difficult task. Based on the principles of Total Quality Management, topics include identifying customer needs, establishing the necessary evaluative standards for all selection methods, optimizing the design and return on investment in selection procedures, setting decision-making standards, and outlining ideas for continuous improvements. Many selection methods are also described and discussed in relation to the evaluative standards.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cengage Learning
- ISBN-13: 9780415130813
- ISBN: 0415130816
- Publication Year: 1996
- Edition: Reissue