The Pumpkin Pioneer: Carving And Shrinking Punkin Heads Since 1975
You may be familiar with Jack-O-Lantern, but you don't know Jack like this. Meet Jack's Giant, David & Goliath, Frankenstein, and The Emperor, all sculpted from pumpkins. For a decade Bailey's pumpkins were featured on the Halloween broadcast of KSL News in Salt Lake City, Utah. Richard Bailey, a pioneer in the art of pumpkin sculpting carved and preserved pumpkin heads for nearly 40 years. See a showcase of fresh and shrunken pumpkin heads, both lifelike and caricature. Learn about the tools and methods he employed to develop an art that he believed would stand the test of time. Richard didn't quite make it to see the Halloween of 2012, but he was hopeful that the lantern would be carried on. Compiled from his detailed scrapbooks and notes, this book seeks to inspire a new generation of artists. I know what you are thinking. What does a 40 year old pumpkin head look like? Take a peek inside to find out.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781539534150
- ISBN: 1539534154
- Publication Year: 2017