The Red Rubber Ball Of Happiness
The third collection of Frances Williams's poetry features a cast of quirky characters, from lovers, friends, and children to Andy Warhol, Courtney Love, and the first man to photograph a snow crystal, Wilson Snowflake Bently. The poems are oblique, tender, reflective, and intelligent; they spin unusual conceits and capture urban snapshots of London street life. Williams's work as an art critic informs her beautiful poems on artworks as diverse as Japanese prints, medieval frescoes, and surrealist sculptures.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Seren Books/Poetry Wales Pr Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781854113368
- ISBN: 1854113364
- Publication Year: 2004