The Rider's Pain Free Back: Overcome Chronic Soreness, Injury, And Aging, And Stay In The Saddle For Years To Come
Dr James Warson, a neurosurgeon and lifelong horseman, says that over 90 percent of the population seeks help for back pain at one point or another during their lifetime. If you're a horseperson, back pain is of particular concern since everything you do on and around horses demands a supple, strong, healthy back: riding, grooming, tacking up, stacking hay bales, and even pushing a wheelbarrow. This book provides practical information to understand the diagnosis, treatment, and pain management related to a rider's back problems, whatever the cause. Dr Warson breaks down the physics of movement, and explains how combining two separate bodies, human and horse, creates additional sources of potential back strain and injury. Traditional and alternative treatments are discussed, and Dr Warson includes step-by-step instructions for a do-it-yourself physical therapy plan that will not only help those already dealing with back pain, but helps to improve rider flexibility and strength, to prevent the onset of a problem. This new revised paperback edition also includes a special section on riding after hip and knee replacement surgery.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Trafalgar Square Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781570769337
- ISBN: 1570769338
- Publication Year: 2019
- Edition: NEW UPD RE