The Searchers: The Making Of An American Legend
Traces the making of the influential 1950s film inspired by the story of Cynthia Ann Parker, sharing lesser-known aspects of Parker's 1836 abduction by the Comanche and her heartbreaking return to white culture, in an account that also explores how the movie reflects period ambiguities. 30,000 first printing. Movie tie-in.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB McKinney
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Pub Plc USA
- ISBN-13: 9781620400654
- ISBN: 1620400650
- Publication Year: 2014
- Edition: Reprint