The Spelling Teacher's Lesson A Day: 180 Reproducible Activities To Teach Spelling, Phonics, And Vocabulary: Grades 3 8
The effective and fun-filled way to teach spelling to elementary studentsThe Spelling Teacher's Lesson-a-Day gives teachers 180 engaging and ready-to-use lessons-one for each day of the school year-that boost spelling skills in students grades 3-6. These lessons may be used as "sponge" or "hook" activities (five-minute lessons to start off each school day) or teachers may simply pick and choose activities from within the book for the occasional spelling lesson. Fry teaches spelling patterns by contrasting homophones (like-sounding words) to help students recognize these spelling patterns in more complex words. He also boosts students' spelling skills by demystifying contractions, abbreviations, capitalization, silent letters, suffixes and prefixes, and more.Offers an easy-to-use method for teaching spelling that has been proven to be effectiveIncludes 180 ready-to-use, reproducible lessons-one for each day of the school yearA new volume in the new series 5-Minute FUNdamentalsThis book is designed to be used by classroom teachers, homeschoolers, tutors, and parents.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass Inc Pub
- ISBN-13: 9780470429808
- ISBN: 0470429801
- Publication Year: 2010