The Spirit Of The Downs: Witchcraft And Magic In Sussex
The chalk downs of Sussex possess a fascinating history of spell-craft, spirit-lore, rural magic, and a rich tradition of image sorcery. With its situation at the crossroads of eastern and western England, as well as its proximity to the sea, it has witnessed centuries of cultural migrations, which have resulted in a remarkably diverse admixture of spiritual traditions. In Martin Duffy's second major work for Three Hands Press, the eternal strata of Sussex magic and folklore are brought forth in a richly woven narrative that brings these powerful and archaic traditions to life.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Three Hands Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781945147180
- ISBN: 1945147180
- Publication Year: 2019