The Star Beast
Compelling coming-of-age SF adventure from legendary SF master and multiple New York Times best-seller Robert A. Heinlein. A young boy and his friend run away from home to protect a cute (if rather large) alien pet that turns out to be much more than just a pet indeed. Afterword by Wen Spencer.Lummox has been the pet of the Stuart family for generations. With eight legs, a thick hide and huge (and growing) size, Lummox is nobody's idea of man's best friend. Nevertheless, John Stuart XI, descendant of the starman who originally brought Lummox back to Earth, loves him. But when Lummox eats a neighbor's car and begins to grow again, the Feds decide enough is enough. John isn t about to let the authorities take his pet away, and with his best friend friend Betty, determines to save Lummox even if it takes leaving the life he's known forever.An all time science fiction coming-of-age classic from seven-time Hugo winner and Dean of Science Fiction, Robert A. Heinlein.About Robert A. Heinlein: Not only America's premier writer of speculative fiction, but the great writer of such fiction in the world. Stephen King. One of the grand masters of science fiction. Wall Street Journal Comprehensive Teacher's Guide available.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Baen Books
- ISBN-13: 9781451638912
- ISBN: 1451638914
- Publication Year: 2013
- Edition: Reprint