The Story Of Virginia: Highlights From The Virginia Museum Of History & Culture
The story of Virginia is at the centre of the American experience. World-changing, pivotal events of the nation have most often taken place in Virginia or been meaningfully shaped by Virginians. The ideas most cherished by Americans were oft inspired and contested in the state, with lasting consequence. The history of the "mother of states" and the "mother of presidents" is long, rich, and complex. While Virginians have offered ideas with lasting positive global impact, they also have engaged in tragic fights and have allowed unmistakable injustices. In a 200-page sampling of letters, documents, artefacts, paintings, furniture, silver and other decorative objects, along with books, maps, prints, broadsides, guns, uniforms, period photographs and utilitarian objects, a unique and lavishly illustrated history of Virginia is provided.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: D Giles Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781911282273
- ISBN: 1911282271
- Publication Year: 2018