The Stuarts: A Very British Dynasty
The Stuarts are best known to us today for their court scandals, Civil War and religious turmoil. We all know about the Gunpowder Plot, Charles I's quarrel with Parliament that led to his execution and Charles II's restoration and lively, hedonistic court. Yet we know little of the Stuart family history; the family that became the first dynasty to rule both Scotland and England.Andrew Lacey examines the Stuart kings and queens from their early days as rulers of Scotland, to their accession to the English throne, the Civil War and their fall from grace, Charles II's restoration and finally their exile. He examines the heads of the House of Stuart, bringing both the kings and queens we think we know well and the rulers that have mostly been forgotten to life in vivid detail. Learn about the family from their earliest days right through to their final disgrace following the Glorious Revolution.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Amberley Pub Plc
- ISBN-13: 9781445649801
- ISBN: 1445649802
- Publication Year: 2019