The Ties That Bind Us
To what extent are our lives defined by our upbringing? How much choice do we have in determining how we live and develop? Does our destiny really lie in our hands or is it somehow predetermined? These difficult questions encapsulate the inner turmoil of one woman as she struggles to conquer a lifetime of depression and repressed sexuality. A victim of abuse at the hands of both her alcoholic father and her vindictive mother, she constantly craves family approval and love, leading to a vicious circle of escape and return to the home where that abuse took place. This frank account takes the reader on an emotional journey as she bravely acknowledges her sexuality and creates a life of her own in the face of constant rejection and denial from those whose approval she most desires. Life is tough, gritty and unforgiving but through it all this is a tale of triumph against the odds.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lightning Source Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781844017096
- ISBN: 1844017095
- Publication Year: 2006