The Vampire Of The Continent
by Count Ernst Christian Einar Ludvig Detlev zu Reventlow (1916)
Description: First American Edition. Grey illustrated boards are lightly soiled and worn. Page tops discoloured with some spots, as photo shows. Count zu Reventlow was a story in contradictions. He was a German naval officer, a writer on naval issues and general politics. He was a leftist and helped form the German Volkisch Freedom Party, then joined the Nazi party. Hitler didn't trust or like him. Reventlow's anti-semitism was said to be cultural and not racial. I thought this would be a really cool book about a vampire but, according to a reviewer: "I am going to review this book because it is an historically important artifact. Titled, "The Vampire of Europe" it is an attack on England and England's successful foreign policy of playing one European power against another in order to advance English interests. It makes the case that England has sucked the life out of Europe to enrich itself." . Published by The Jackson Company 1916 Very Good Condition. In our Anderson Mill store.Dimensions: Octavo (5.5 x 8.5 and 6 x 9.5) Item Format: Hardback
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardback
- Date: 1916
- Listing Date: 05/14/2018
- Sold By: --
- Ships From: N/A
- Available Quantity: N/A