The Wisdom Of Stupidity: The True Story Of Smile Orange Films And How You Can Become Semisuccessful For A Short Time Like The
A light-hearted guide to making films from Smile Orange Films, the people who you really shouldn't take any advice from. The Wisdom of Stupidity is an unrivalled tale of success and failure in the British TV and film industry. It offers original insight into the pre-YouTube filmmaking scene of the 1990s, a time when camcorders meant that almost anybody could make a feature film, advertise it in a fanzine and sell it to several fans around the world. From humble beginnings, Smile Orange Films became hot property for a short time. Their work aired on national television, was screened at the Cannes film festival and even shown in schools. The jump to stardom seemed inevitable. But The Wisdom of Stupidity is much more than the story of two friends. This book will also teach you -- the reader -- the art of filmmaking and the whole videographic process in a comprehensive fool proof manner. From pitch to commissioning editors to unprofessional crews, angry security guards and celebrity strops, you will discover cinematic wisdom through stupidity, just like Smile Orange did.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Headpress
- ISBN-13: 9781909394384
- ISBN: 1909394386
- Publication Year: 2019