Themes And Issues In Christianity
Written for students of comparative religion, the overall approach of this text is phenomenological and the book as a whole provides a detailed description of Christian practices, beliefs and symbols. Some chapters are historical providing an account of the development of religious ideas over time and exploring the changes that have come about in doctrine under various intellectual, social and religious influences. Chapters dealing with ritual and the important idea of ethical vitality posess a strong anthropological focus and this is matched by the sociological concerns in the chapter on women in Christianity. Clear recognition of the Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox traditions runs throughout the book.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Continuum Intl Pub Group
- ISBN-13: 9780304338498
- ISBN: 0304338494
- Publication Year: 1997