Theory Of Unconventional Superconductors: Cooper Pairing Mediated By Spin Excitations
This book presents a theory for unconventional superconductivity driven by spin excitations. Using the Hubbard Hamiltonian and a self-consistent treatment of the spin excitations, the interplay between magnetism and superconductivity in various unconventional superconductors is discussed. In particular, the monograph applies this theory for Cooper-pairing due to the exchange of spin fluctuations to the case of singlet pairing in hole- and electron-doped high-Tc superconductors, and to triplet pairing inSr2RuO4. Within the framework of a generalized Eliashberg-like treatment, calculations of both many normal and superconducting properties as well as elementary excitations are performed. The results are related to the phase diagrams of the materials which reflectthe interaction between magnetism and superconductivity.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer Nature
- ISBN-13: 9783642059513
- ISBN: 3642059511
- Publication Year: 2010
- Edition: Reprint