Thinking Tools For Young Readers & Writers: Strategies To Promote Higher Literacy In Grades 2?8
"Perfect text for preparing teachers of reading and writing. Invaluable rich resource for practicing teachers and literacy coaches Using a rich array of research-based strategies, this book will help teachers in grades 2-8 to help the young readers and writers in their classrooms to think big by using a cognitive strategies approach to literacy instruction. It provides specific teaching strategies, activities, and extended lessons to make visible for students the cognitive strategies, or thinking tools, experienced readers and writers use to construct meaning from and with texts. It also explores how cognitive strategies can be embedded into the teaching of narrative, informational, and argumentative reading and writing. Showcasing the work of exemplary teachers, this book includes artifacts and written work produced by students across the grade levels. As an added bonus, QR codes interspersed throughout the book connect readers to student samples, color versions of the featured resources, anchor charts,videos, extended lesson plans, and more"--
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Teachers College Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780807758946
- ISBN: 0807758949
- Publication Year: 2018