This A Way, That A Way
Ella Jenkins' This-a-Way, That-a-Way finds the famous folksinger leading a group of school children in fun call and response numbers and singalongs that are as energetic and sunny as they are educational. Jenkins leads her charges on the title track and "Miss Mary Mack," and has them snap along with her rhythm on "Do You Know Your County?" "I Know a Tom" is alliterative and funny, while "Please Is a Pleasant Expression" illuminates the word in numerous languages over a lilting, almost Hawaiian guitar line. Jenkins is masterful at keeping things simple, fun, and easy to follow, yet never patronizing or tiresome. Whether she's singing, calling out words, or playing an instrument, it always seems like she's simply having a conversation with the children, not to mention any grownups who might find themselves caught up in her particular easygoing magic. This-a-Way, That-a-Way is for laughing as much as it is for learning. ~ Johnny Loftus, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
- UPC: 093074500224