Time Series Analysis: Forecasting And Control
This is a complete revision of a classic, seminal, and authoritative book that has been the model for most books on the topic written since 1970. It focuses on practical techniques throughout, rather than a rigorous mathematical treatment of the subject. It explores the building of stochastic (statistical) models for time series and their use in important areas of application ?forecasting, model specification, estimation, and checking, transfer function modeling of dynamic relationships, modeling the effects of intervention events, and process control. Features sections on: recently developed methods for model specification, such as canonical correlation analysis and the use of model selection criteria; results on testing for unit root nonstationarity in ARIMA processes; the state space representation of ARMA models and its use for likelihood estimation and forecasting; score test for model checking; and deterministic components and structural components in time series models and their estimation based on regression-time series model methods.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pearson College Div
- ISBN-13: 9780130607744
- ISBN: 0130607746
- Publication Year: 1994
- Edition: 3 SUB