To Have And Have Not
by Ernest Hemingway (1937)
Description: First Edition Thus. To Have and Have Not is the dramatic story of Harry Morgan, an honest man who is forced into running contraband between Cuba and Key West as a means of keeping his crumbling family financially afloat. His adventures lead him into the world of the wealthy and dissipated yachtsmen who throng the region, and involve him in a strange and unlikely love affair. Harshly realistic, yet with one of the most subtle and moving relationships in the Hemingway oeuvre, To Have and Have Not is literary high adventure at its finest.. Published by Grosset & Dunlap 1937 Fine Condition. Dust jacket: chipping along edges; closed tear on spine; price-clipped; foxing.. In our Southpark Meadows store.Dimensions: Octavo (5.5 x 8.5 and 6 x 9.5) Dust jacket condition: Good Spine notes: Minimal shelfwear at heel. End papers: Ex-libris on front free endpaper. Item Format: Hardback
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardback
- Date: 1937
- Listing Date: 08/10/2018
- Sold By: --
- Ships From: N/A
- Available Quantity: N/A