Superstar DJ Paul Oakenfold's first overground album of remixes and recycled beats is a highly thematic sampler platter featuring 11 underground dance/electronica artists made even more cult-worthy by Oakenfold's occasionally dashing face-lifts. But Tranceport is no mere mixtape of the Oakenfold 1998 experience. Taking tracks by such artists as the Dream Traveller, Gus Gus, and Agnelli + Nelson, Oakenfold slips new tricks and grooves into the work, in essence creating brand-new multi-BPM beasts in the process. The atmospheric techno offshoot trance often can be a smothering listen, drifting miles above the ozone with little or no purpose (or end in sight); here, Oakenfold makes it inviting -- a beautifully textured music that reveals a little something more about itself with each listen. A major achievement of the genre. ~ Michael Gallucci, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Kinetic (USA)
- UPC: 093624712022