Transgenic Plants: A Production System For Industrial And Pharmaceutical Proteins
Transgenic Plants: A Production System for Industrial and Pharmaceutical Proteins provides a detailed guide to the principles and practice of using transgenic plants as a system for the production of heterologous proteins. It is unique in that it covers the complete process of heterologous protein production in plants, from the initial transformation of the plant, through to transcription, transgene stability and finally the downstreaming processing events for protein purification. Written by an international team of industrialists and academics, this book describes:* the fundamental issues associated with expressing heterologous proteins in plants;* a number of detailed examples of the successful small-and large-scale production of proteins;* the essentials of patenting; and* the commercial exploitation.Transgenic Plants: A Production System for Industrial and Pharmaceutical Proteins will be of interest to plant biotechnologists, molecular biologists and protein biochemists in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: John Wiley & Son Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9780471964445
- ISBN: 0471964441
- Publication Year: 1996