Two Trains Leave Paris: Number Problems For Word People
Math is universal, but it's also the least understood and most undervalued subject taught in school. Is This Math?: Number Problems for Word People seeks to offer readers an opportunity to experience math like never before. You must use the Pythagorean Theorem to figure out how far apart two ex-lovers are when they simultaneously realize that they cannot live without each other. You must use addition (and logic) to explore the ridiculous (and patriarchal!) wage gap. Throughout six math-themed chapters, readers will follow a series of characters as they apply for jobs, fall in love, get abducted by aliens, and experience many of life's other big and small moments, all of which are dictated by-you guessed it-math! With the help of humor, mathematical history, and how-to-solve sections, Is This Math? asks readers to help its characters find growth in the most unexpected of places: word problems. And the answers are, of course, in the back.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Brackenridge Park
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Harry N Abrams Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781419732744
- ISBN: 1419732749
- Publication Year: 2019