Uncle Tom's Cabin; Or, Life Among The Lowly
With its gripping plot and pungent dialogue, Uncle Tom's Cabin offers readers today a passionate portrait of a nation on the verge of disunion and a surprisingly subtle examination of the relationship between race and nationalism that has always been at the heart of the American experience. This Broadview edition is based upon the first American edition of the novel and reprints its original illustrations and preface. In addition, it reprints all of the prefaces that Stowe wrote for authorized European editions of Uncle Tom's Cabin, offers a wide array of appendices that clarify the novel's participation in antebellum debates about domesticity, colonization, abolitionism, and the law, and includes sections on dramatic adaptations of the novel.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Carriage Place
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Broadview Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781551118062
- ISBN: 1551118068
- Publication Year: 2009