Understanding Shinran: A Dialogical Approach
Shinran Shonin (1173-1262) is not only a central figure in the great reforms of Kamakura Buddhism but one of the greatest religious teachers of all times. Throughout the centuries, the anguished story of his ascent to faith in Amida has lost none of its power to inspire and challenge.Understanding Shinran offers a sensitive and balanced examination of the life and teachings of the founder of True Pure Land Buddhism and probes their implication for the interreligious, intercultural world in which we find ourselves today. The author shows how the ongoing drama of salvation through the grace of Amida - a mutual engagement of form and the formless, of ignorant humans and the awakened Buddha - can be read as a message of hope by Buddhists and Christians alike.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Asian Humanities Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780895819376
- ISBN: 0895819376
- Publication Year: 1995