Universities And Colleges: A Very Short Introduction
What is a university? How have universities and colleges evolved over the centuries? What will be the impact of digital- and distance-learning; of commercial for-profit new entrants to the higher education market; of government austerity; and of globalization on universities and colleges? Exploring the origins and the concept of the university, this Very Short Introduction discusses one of the world's oldest, most resilient, and most adaptable institutions. Considering examples of universities and colleges across the world, David Palfreyman and Paul Temple discuss the issues facing the future of universities, and the questions surrounding the position and role of universities and colleges within society today.ABOUT THE SERIES: The Very Short Introductions series from Oxford University Press contains hundreds of titles in almost every subject area. These pocket-sized books are the perfect way to get ahead in a new subject quickly. Our expert authors combine facts, analysis, perspective, new ideas, and enthusiasm to make interesting and challenging topics highly readable.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Oxford Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780198766131
- ISBN: 0198766130
- Publication Year: 2018